2012 WEBO Invitational
August 16, 2012By Andy Elkins of Cascade High School
Welcome to the 6th Western Boone Jr.-Sr.High Schoolgolf invitational. We are glad you can participate!
- may help look for lost balls
- may not advise a player on rules
- must remain in rough and 50 feet from competitors
- may purchase carts if available
- The pro shop has a snack bar
- There will be water and snacks on the course for players and coaches
Local rules and information:
- USGA, play ball as it lies.
- Play red tees.
- O.B. is marked with white stakes. Play stroke and distance
- #4 isOBon the right. White stakes on the left are notOB.
- #5 isOBon the left.
- Lateral hazards are marked with red stakes or painted line.
- Water hazards are marked with yellow stakes or painted line.
- Hole #10 will have a drop zone.
- All other water will be played by USGA rules.
- High grass natural areas played as a lateral hazard.
- Announce provisional’s.
- Keep the playing pace moving. Everyone needs to watch all balls in the group. Cart girls when possible.
- Yardage markers: blue = 200 yards, white = 150 yards, and red = 100 yards, sprinkler heads may also have yardages.
- You have the option to play circle 10. Any player that records a circle is not eligible for individual awards. The player’s total score will not be eliminated from her team’s total score; however if a circle score is used in the team score then the team score is not eligible for awards.
- Check your scores hole by hole before signing and turning in your card. Make sure cards are legible.
- Turn in scorecards to your coach and the coach will turn them in at the scoring table. Once your card is given to your coach the card is said to have been turned in. Coaches, please check addition before turning in at the scoring table.
- Players are not to return to the course after completing the round.
- The four lowest scores shall be used toward the team total. In the event of a tie, the fifth player’s score for each team shall break that tie. Ties for medalist will be determined by playoff.
- Each team is allowed one identifiable coach.
- If there are any questions regarding procedure find a coach or a member of the rules committee. The rules committee will be introduced the day of the tournament.
- Identification of any possible ground under repair due to inclement weather will be announced the day of the tournament if applicable.
- Enjoy your day and have fun!